Strategy to Success
President Global Accident and Health
- Before joining IDU, Inc, Ed was President of Hanleigh Insurance for 12 years. Hanleigh is one of the oldest Lloyd's cover holders and in addition to having one of the highest delegated authority limits in the market, Ed oversaw the resurrection of the business. Before joining Hanleigh, Ed held senior underwriting and sales management positions with Paul Revere Insurance Group and MassMutual Financial Group. As Chief Disability Income Underwriter at Paul Revere, Ed's responsibilities included the assessment of substantial disability risks as well as implementing underwriting strategies to meet both top and bottom-line objectives. At MassMutual, Ed was responsible for overseeing the Disability Underwriting function which managed and processed over 40,000 applications annually. In addition to Underwriting, he was also charged with sales management responsibilities, developing and executing a producer business development strategy and created and led MassMutual's elite 'D.I. Masters' program that was comprised of 150 top DI producers and generated over $18 million of annual premium. Ed received his MBA in Finance from American International College and his Bachelor of Science Degree from Springfield College and has over 30 years of medical underwriting experience.
Matthew Zuba, ESQ.
Chief Operating and Chief Underwriting Officer Global Accident and Health
- Before joining IDU, Inc., Matt had a 7-year tenure at Hanleigh Insurance. He held several key leadership roles in systems, operations, and risk management, most recently as Chief Underwriter of the business. He was tasked with management of all aspects of the P&L, maintaining and integrating cutting edge technologies, and using analytics to drive profitable underwriting strategies which directly correlated to a seven-figure increase in profitability. Matt's 20-year insurance career includes key positions at Travelers Life and Annuity, MetLife, and MassMutual. His roles have included Senior Software Engineer, Director of Sales Compensation, and stints in actuarial product development areas. Matthew has a B.S. in Information Systems Management from the University of Connecticut. He is also a Cum Laude graduate of the Quinnipiac University School of Law.
Chief Business Development Officer
- Joseph is the Chief Business Development Officer at Risk Insurance and Reinsurance Solutions. Joseph also founded and is now a senior advisor to IDU, Inc., a growing Disability Lloyd's cover holder. He handles special projects for the Risk Management group of companies worldwide, was Executive Director of operations for Barents Re in Latin America and coordinates various M&A activities. Before joining the insurance industry, Joseph held several senior telecom positions such as VP Marketing and Business Development at Liberty Media's True Position division that sold over $2 Billion of telecom equipment to Wireless carriers in the US and VP of Mobile and internet Solutions for Bell Canada International where he launched several mobile operations in Latin America and grew a customer base from zero to 3 million subscribers within 18 months. Joseph has an MBA and a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering.
Head of US Services
- Chris is Head of US Services and is responsible for services at Risk Insurance and Reinsurance Solutions, IDU, Inc. and Barents. By profession he is a certified Sr. Project Manager with HR and executive experience for a startup. With over 20 years in leadership roles, Chris has demonstrated an ability to leverage technology and human capital to deliver solutions that address business needs. He is a native English/German speaker and his previous employers include Datev EG Germany, IBM, Loxone, Xerox/Conduent. Chris has an MBA and a Bachelor in Math and Computer Science.
Director of Underwriting & Program Management
- LyLy is responsible for product development, identifying strategic business opportunities, crucial initiatives, management of key accounts, and Underwriting of complex cases. Before joining IDU, Inc., LyLy had a 20-year career at MassMutual Financial Group. Her roles included Underwriting, project management, and critical initiatives, which included private exchange. In her various responsibilities, LyLy was an essential business resource and led the charge to develop a model for benefits administration. She planned, managed, and executed on complex business projects while driving continuous improvement and results. As a disability income underwriter, LyLy adeptly assessed morbidity and mortality risks while balancing company risk and client needs. She supported high volume and valued distribution partners, developing strong business relationships. LyLy was also an active contributor and advisor for the Office of Diversity & Inclusion. She volunteers her time in several programs: tutoring, supporting athletes with disabilities, and was a TEDx coach for several presenters.
Internal Director of Sales
- Ryan brings her 5+ years in the Life & Health specialty risk and Lloyd's markets to her role as the Internal Sales Director at International Disability Underwriters, Inc. Before IDU, Inc., Ms. Lobo began working as an Internal Sales Consultant at Hanleigh Insurance not long after graduating from SUNY Purchase with a bachelor's degree in legal studies. For her first two years at Hanleigh, Ryan was intensely focused on cultivating new business and fostering external business relationships. After successfully supporting significant sales goal growth year over year, she then transitioned into a hybrid role of sales and product management. Being passionate about education, product expertise, and marketing, Ryan happily took on additional responsibilities of leading training and marketing programs for Hanleigh; in these roles, she oversaw the implementation of a full rebranding initiative and website design buildout while also educating and mentoring all new incoming internal sales employees.
Administrative Manager, Business Development
- Alisa brings over five years of administrative experience to the table with expertise in Project Management. Alisa received her bachelor's and master's in engineering with honors. This strong technical knowledge, coupled with her MBA degree in Entrepreneurial Thinking & Innovative Practices, has provided her with valuable skills that she uses daily in her current position. She is an entrepreneur and a community leader and is fluent in Ukrainian and Russian.
Director of Business Technology
- John's career has included many years of implementing and managing financial, web, and procedural applications based on Microsoft technologies. After launching a full-service Internet Service Provider (ISP) business that designed front and back end web solutions for businesses and provided Internet consulting services, John supported IBM as the Head of Quality Assurance for IBM's ENTERPRISE 98 project. His contributions allowed IBM to offer customized B2B products and services within a secure e-commerce web application directly to their biggest corporate consumers/partners. Before joining IDU, Inc. for ten years, John helped deliver secure web based GSI enrollment systems for some of the largest legal and medical organizations in the world.
IDU Company Culture
At IDU, we thrive to provide you with unique and customized insurance solutions and here is why
We pride ourselves on cultivating a high performing and diverse team with exceptional and various professional backgrounds and experiences
We skillfully deliver unique and customized top performance to producers, agents, and clients with consistent service
We are a dedicated team of veteran underwriters with a minimum of 10 years of experience each
We use cutting edge, proprietary technology to ensure fast, safe, accurate enrollment and support